April 21, 2020, Google announced that they are going to be offering Google Shopping for Free!
Great news, right? But, what does that mean for you?
Well, if you are a US Ecommerce website this could mean a significant improvement to your online sales. With hundreds of millions of online shoppers and searches for products on Google every day, being able to list your products for free is a major benefit.
Now, you can enjoy all the benefits of having your product appear in Google Shopping Tab search results, without paying a single penny. Paid Ads are still going to show up at the top of the list, but if you list your product right, you could easily be right there on page one with the paid ads.
Once you take advantage of this type of offering, you really need to be sure that you leverage it in the best way possible. Don’t forget about all of the do’s and don’ts for online shops:
- Quality Images
- Write clear, descriptive, keyword-laden titles
- Use “Negative” keywords
- UPC numbers
- Use SEO Volume - the more you list, the more you get found
- Include ratings and reviews on your site
- Properly categorize your product
- Use a single photo for multiple products
- Only list one or two items
- Use vague language to describe your product
- Use all capital letters (you aren’t shouting)
- Add promotional titles to your product description (For example, Google doesn’t allow Product titles to include things such as free shipping and extended warranties)
For more information on this offering from Google, check out their announcement here: Google Merchant Center: Free Google Shopping